Monday, September 27, 2010

Truly shocked!

I never imaged that my little Spread the Love contest would turn into I Love WAHM Day.  I am truly amazed at the power of positivity and hope that other WAHMs appreciated all the love they got from THEIR customers.  It was more than uplifting to read all he complements for other companies.  So many of you really put time and energy into spreading the love and left so many meaningful comments.  I really hope a few WAHMs are headed to bed with happy feelings tonight!

All the positivity of yesterday left me to think of where else I could be a more positive person.  I started by spreading the love to my husband.  Just a quick text while he was at working telling him how much I appreciate him (his response?  "Who is this?".  That's my husband, geez!).  And then I decided to challenge myself.  What fun is a challenge to others, after all.  So here for the next week I will not speak a negative word.  Not when my husband does something annoying, not when my son spills his milk for the 500th time of the day, not when I'm mad at myself for wasting my own time!  No negativity on my blog, on my facebook, or my home away from home online.  7 days...no negativity.  I'm a sarcastic person so this should be interesting!

And now from some good ol' quotes from the best author ever, Dr. Seuss.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

"Today you are you, that is truer than true.  There is no one alike who is youer than you"

I know who I am and I am the youest me, and thankfully no one can change that.  Well, except for me of course!

And last quote there Serenity Prayer.  I want to start by saying that in a rough patch in my past I learned the Serenity Prayer and it brought me more hope than any prayer I've ever heard.  But just now for the first time I read the entire prayer and I don't even think there are words...


God, grant us the...
Serenity to accept things we cannot change,
Courage to change the things we can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference
Patience for the things that take time
Appreciation for all that we have, and
Tolerance for those with different struggles
Freedom to live beyond the limitations of our past ways, the
Ability to feel your love for us and our love for each other and the
Strength to get up and try again even when we feel it is hopeless.


I tried to change other people yesterday and therein lies my mistake.  I cannot change the negativity and hate in the world.  I will change myself and hope that I can lead by example.  I do appreciate every single person that participated in every single Spread the Love contest and I hope that maybe we accomplished something big today.

Signing off from my blog for a bit and reorganizing my facebook to make it what I want.  Changes to come, but only things I am courageous enough to change.

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - I don't want your ugly comments here. I'll deal with you on the other thread, but if you're going to attack me on a post about me than I will delete all your comments. You do not know me so don't come on here assuming all the random rumors you've heard are true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh Erin I am so sorry you have to go through all the negative things!! Thank you very much for trying to change things a little bit at a time...there is too much negativity in the world an I thank you for stepping above it and trying to make it a better place :) Thank you...(p.s. Mami and Papi's Group like challenges...maybe this is something to spread their way...just sayin :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin... don't worry about whoever this woman is.... obviously she feels the need to attack you so there must be something she doesn't like about herself. Anyhow... I am a new follower and I love your stuff!! Come follow me back at www.happeningsoftheharperhousehold.blogspot.com

    PS - Change your settings so you have to approve comments, then you won't have to deal with this kind of nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry that there was negativity brought in on your positive day, regardless of what it was or who brought it.. I'm happy you can rise above it and smile! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, WHAT A PIA to have to deal with an "adult" who seems to act like that. I now understand why you had to spread the love! It was awesome, getting a compliment from another WAHM was the best thing all day. Sometimes in this business we take our WAHM's and retialers for granted, and it's nice to just hear the positive.

    If you find an effective way to revamp your FB let me know. I need to do it badly, but I'm the type who doesn't like to let things go to waste....I know sounds pathetic when it comes to my facebook. But I just don't want to delete someone, and then later have them ask why. Maybe I should just suck it up! :)

    Have a great day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking at all the comments on here, it looks like you need to start from scratch! Even though most say nice things about you, they are negative toward others. I personally would remove all post from this & all the negative from yesterdays, just to keep it from clouding the LOVE for WAHMs! It is ok to stand your ground, but sometimes it better to just do what is best for your message. Let it all go so the focus can be where you really want it to be...on the Wonderful WAHMs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erin, you do great things and started an amazing revolution of a day. I wish you luck and joy in your positive week! I did it for Lent last year, following the Symphony of Alpha Chi Omega (my sorority):

    To see beauty even in the common things of life;
    To spread the light of love and friendship around me;
    To keep my life in tune with the world that I shall make no discords on the harmony of life;
    To strike on the lyre of the universe only the notes of happiness, of joy, of peace;
    To appreciate every little service rendered;
    To see and appreciate all that is noble in another, be her badge what it may;
    And to let my lyre send forth chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity;
    This is to be my symphony.

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. While I have not had a chance to try your products, I have been following you on Facebook and loved the idea of spread the love. I told some of my personal favorites how much I appreciated them. I know it made me happier yesterday to give compliments. I don't understand how people can be so nasty to others. But, don't let it get you down! You are doing a great job. Obviously, you have people who like your products, or else you wouldn't sell anything. I can't wait to try one of your balls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Caroline - that was beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!

    Lacey - thanks for spreading the love!! I'm glad it made you happier! I think giving out complements improved my mood a lot too!

    ReplyDelete